A Little About Laser
I’m 5’8″ tall. I’d say a good 3 1/2 feet of that is legs. I figure I spend 30 minutes a day shaving those legs (and underarm and bikini).
30 min./day X 365 days/year = 10,950 minutes/year wasted shaving
That’s a lot of minutes ladies!!
Now let’s do razors, and I’m going to underestimate.
$12/month on razors
shave for 50 years
That’s $7,200 a lifetime on razors.
Plus shaving cream. Let’s say that’s $5 a month. That’s $3,000 dollars a lifetime. For a total of over $10,000 (not to mention the price of hot water). And not to mention being in the shower shaving for an entire year of your life (over 50 years). That’s a lot of wasted time an money. And if you don’t shave every day… it’s always that day that you don’t shave that you need to wear a dress!
- There were 932,000 laser hair removal procedures in 2010 according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeon’s Report of 2010 Plastic Surgery Statistics.
- Most people consider laser pretty expensive, but if you refer back to the fun math portion of this blog… it’s actually cheaper in the long run. Plus you can’t put a price on the time you save, especially when getting ready for a date! The reason laser is somewhat costly: the machine uses a gemstone to create the beam. The first laser was called a Ruby because it used a Ruby gemstone.
- The laser beam is attracted to dark color, so you need to make sure your hair is dark enough for the laser, otherwise electrolysis is your best option. Also, do not wear dark underwear on days of treatment.
- Laser should not take more than 8 sessions. If you have been going for years, you’ve been going to the wrong person, and your hair may no longer be eligible for treatment.
- Please check out the person doing your laser. This is not a simple procedure and you can get severely hurt. My best advice, stay out of Sleek MedSpa. It is known in the industry to be unsafe. Go to a few places, gather information, stay away from false promises!
I have lasered my bikini and my underarms. Love it. It took 4 sessions to do my underarms and 5 for my bikini. No more forgetting to shave and no more ingrown hairs. Embarrassing! I’m starting to laser my legs (because I’m learning how to use a laser). Hair belongs on your head, no where else!