Great Gifts for the Women in Your LifeHaving a hard time finding the perfect gift? Here’s a few things every female fancies (you can’t go wrong)! Gift Certificates For:
- a manicure/pedicure ($15-$50)
- a facial ($45-$150)
- Her Favorite Hair Salon (be sure not to get just ANY salon)
- a massage ($60-$100)
- a day at the Spa
- A nice robe/winter gloves/hat/scarf. We all wear them… we can always use a new one.
A Little More Thoughtful:
- A New Flat Iron (some good names: GHD, CHI, and BaByliss) ($150-$350)
- Magnetic nail polish (from Nails Inc.)
- Good Shampoo (like Matrix $13-$22/bottle)
- a subscription to New Beauty Magazine (www.newbeauty.com) LOVE IT! $9.99/issue
- NARS Turkish Delight Lip Gloss–looks good on literally everyone (Sephora $22)
- Along the lines of Sephora (which is at every mall) there are some really cool, easy gifts in there. My friend Allegra told me she wants some vibrating lip gloss (I have no idea WHY it vibrates)… and they have sample kits of things like “mascara’s” and “lip glosses.”
- New Make-up Brushes (check out Sephora again)
- Jewelry- but beware– jewelry is a very personalized gift. Diamonds and pearls are always classy… but is she a diamond girl? bling bling? or more subtle? like classy pearls? Does she usually wear gold? or silver? I once broke up with a guy who bought me aquamarines for an anniversary gift (not because I’m shallow, but because after dating someone for a year, you should know what kind of jewelry that person wears. I realized it was a dead end relationship.)
- Lululemon. For your sporty chick. (Has anyone seen the commercial where the chick is talking all about why she wears yoga clothes–she bikes, she does yoga, she hits the gym– and then she says “Who am I kidding, I wear Yoga pants because I’m lazy” ahahaha)
Just So You Know…
Bags–A crash course
- Dooney and Bourke (otherwise known as D&B) $$
- Coach $$$
- Chanel/Gucci/Burberry/Louis Vuitton $$$$$$$$$
Don’t even think about buying her shoes. — however the book “100 Shoes: the Costume Institute/the Metropolitan Museum of Art” with intro by Sarah Jessica Parker… that’s a great gift!
100 Shoes: The Costume Institute / The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Ask a Chick!
My friend Megan swears by “asking Steph at Nordstrom’s in Natick;” all you need is a size and she can style you up (remember to check the tag of your girls clothes… and also keep in mind every brand is different, confusing and annoying–yea we know!). If you can’t make it to Natick, that’s ok. A lot of the high end stores have staff that are MORE than helpful. I know you don’t like to ask for directions… but the perfect gift can gift is the gift that keeps on giving… when the kids are sleeping. Just never NEVER mention that the chick at the desk was cute. In any way. Ever.
Gifts should come in an exciting box. You’ve heard this saying before. Wrap it up. In something nice.